Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Computer Graphics week 8





Craft:
with my two layouts it was really easy. My first layout, Abe on the red carpet, was pretty simple in layout. I left the background white, went to file-place, and then added my picture from Illustrator. Next I did the same thing (file-place) and put my text in, explaining all my thoughts and feelings about the illustration. I made the title stand out by having 'Abe' in bold red and then following it with a smaller size the rest of the title. With the text I used a pull quote and also a drop cap, just to give it more of a professional feel. My second layout was my favorite to do (so far). The illustration is of the Claddagh ring. I really liked this one because I really felt like it was more of my style. I went out on a limb and made the background black and text white to model the style of the illustration. I used the exact same steps as I did with the Abe illustration on putting everything in the layout, the only difference is in the set up of the text. I put my own personal, not really the norm, style to it by having my paragraphs "step down" from eachother. Another part of my illustration is the main point of focus- the actaul illustrastion. Im really diggin how I put the words in greys around the ring- AWESOME!

Composition:
With the the Abe layout, I wanted it to be real plain, simple and really just let the viewer enjoy the picture and enjoy it without having to feel obligated to read about it. I chose the text to be black because thats the normal color for a magazine and I wanted it to look as professional as possible- especially with the big title, and columns with the block quote in the middle. The Claddagh illustration was a bit different. I really wanted the ring and words around it to stand out, but I also wanted the viewer to get a big of a history about it as well which is why I made the letting in white to follow the setup of the image. I arranged the paragraphs the way I did because I thought it followed the pattern of the image as well- more like a circular motion.

Concept:
As for the concept, I really just want my viewers to appreciate my work and understand the meaning of the ring and the history/story of abe, which is both written in the text. I want my images to be bold and something that really catches the viewers eye. I hope I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment