Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Computer Graphics week 6

Craft

When making this illustration I found an image of a claddugh ring and made layer after layer using
primarily greys to bring out and make the shadows
and highlights of where the light hit the ring.
I tried finding a a unique background to make it
stand out more, but I decided I wanted my audience to just notice and pay attention to the main topic. For the background I used the gradient radial tool- adding more blacks, greys and whites.

Composition:

The compostion I decided for this illustration was to just have the image centered and by itself. I wanted this because it's the main point of intrest. Im still not completely satisfied with the background, I still debating if I want a picture of some firemen in the background, since this ring is their moto, and have them kinda faded out. Until I find the perfect picture to go in the background I think Im going to keep it this way because its simple but elegant. Im also still debating on the text issue... I cant decide if I like it the way it is or not or if I should really expand on it- make it big, and bold or have the image speak for itself.

Concept:

The concept of this image is the fact that its supposed to represent whats really important in my life, and life in general- Love, Loyalty, and Friendship. Not only is it what my life is centered around but I aslo was thinking of having it be a tribute to the fire department. They are so loyal to the communities, they love their job and their friendships that they make with their team is unbreakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment